Sunday 6 July 2014

Shake your whammy fanny at Wireless

On Friday the sun was lavishing London with love. A few of my gal pals and I headed to Finsbury Park to go dance in the sunshine to Pharell and Kanye West at Wireless festival and they were everything we wanted them to be and more. Not only did they play some of their new stuff, they also treated us to some old school tunes. We got She Wants To Move, Frontin' and Beautiful from Pharell and from Yeezy we got Can't Tell Me Nothing, Runaway and All Of The Lights. I thought Kanye was going to stick to the Yeezus album but he spoiled us, that's for sure. Even if he did have a rant for 15 minutes... All in all it was a super day! 

As always, on to the outfit. 


I'm in love with all things crochet and all things co-ord so this twosie was a little dream. ASOS have done me proud. 


This River Island kimono is the perfect cover up if you're not wanting to flash too much flesh in a little crop and shorts. Now, I was going to write about how I got this bag from eBay a few years a go and how although it was so cheap, it has only just started to fall apart despite using it pretty much everyday. However, as I walked out of my front door in a rush to catch my train, the bloody strap gave way and dropped to the floor with a tired thud. I was distraught and wanted to mourn my loss but my housemate told me to get over it and get in the bloody house to get a new bag. You'll see the chosen one later. 


It was a sweltering hot day but luckily the ol' 'mono looked just as cute tied around the waist. My faithful shoesies are from New Look, I wrote about them here


Plaits are a failsafe way to do your hurr if you're going to potentially come across a sweaty neck situation and I definitely did. Also, my hair frizzes like no other with any bit of dampness. Damn the curls. My choker and necklace are from ASOS and my super cute round glasses are from River Island. I love these as they have a Wildfox/Chanel vibe without the price tag. One day I'll have a real pair. 



My replacement bag for the day from Aldo did the job and I am in love with him but still can't get over my poor rucksack. It's just so hard to say goodbye. 

I didn't let it dampen my spirits though and I was ready for a day of boogying. 


Meet my besty/housemate/little puddin'. 


Isn't she a dream? Her adorable tutu and shoes are from ASOS and her bralet is Topshop. SO CUTE. 


The beautiful Georgia...


And the glorious Charlie. 


We started the day by chilling and having a few drinks. I was naughty and sneaked in some gin in my cunning hip flask from Urban Outfitters. It's so cute!


We went and had a boogie to some Iggy who had so much 'tude and her body is ridonkadonkdonk. We obviously needed to refuel and get some energy for our boys Pharell and Kanye so we went on a quest for some grub. 

This place grabbed our attention with both hands. 


Who doesn't love a punny food cart? There was so much choice, I literally wanted everything, so that's exactly what I got.


Let's take a closer look at the bad boy...


SO GOOD. I would have snapped a picture of the naughty guy but I stuffed it in my face pretty darn quickly and before you know it, it was half devoured and covered in my lipstick. It was pretty sexy. You could definitely say we had sky-high energy levels after this. We did Pharell and Kanye proud. 

Yeezus Christ!


Completely unrelated to the day but when I was writing this I had this song stuck in my head from Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Does anyone else remember it because I feel I'm the only one and it's always playing on the boom box in my brain. I hope you enjoy this little blast from the past as much as I do. 



For more pictures from the day follow me on Instagram - @soniaflower and @theglitterden

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments from anyone who has read my post! Also, if you subscribe it would be greatly appreciated! Sonia xxx

© The Glitter Den. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig