Monday 19 March 2012

A slight contradiction.


Although yesterday I decided to preach to you all about how much you needed 'it' accessory, the umbrella, and how April showers were well on their way I am about to contradict myself. Although you will definitely need an umbrella at some point (and I am again going to remind of you of the lovely Fulton creations) you will also need to think about investing in an equally important weather-related item; sunglasses.

Now due to being very clumsy and, if I'm being honest, careless I've never made the choice to spend an extortionate amount of money on a pair of sunglasses. Instead I decide to pick up Primark wayfarers in various colours for one pound each and then continue to scratch the lenses in my bag or sit on them. Needless to say they don't hold up too well. I also have been known to haggle and stock up on poor imitation Ray-Bans in Turkey. Not my proudest moment.

This February I was lucky enough to visit my Dad in Peru where he is currently living and the weather was beautiful. I strolled around in flip-flops, got out last year's shorts and frolicked in the sea whilst England was snuggled up under a blanket of snow. Before heading off to South America I wanted to treat myself to some new summer gear but it being February and all, I didn't have a lot to work with. I headed to Primark to get some shades that were so cheap it didn't matter if I lost them in the Pacific Ocean. Unfortunately I was left with two options, some diamante encrusted, over-sized 'diva' glasses or some large, black wayfarers that sat wonkliy on my face. Needless to say I went for the latter. So I headed off, wonky glasses in tow, into the sunshine.

My Dad greeted my brother and I in his usual fashion, wearing his Ray-Ban aviators indoors, at nighttime. A few days later we were reclining on some sun loungers when my Dad said to me in his Spanish accent, 'These wayfarers are back in fashion?' Yes, indeed they are Father. He continued to tell me he had some old Ray-Ban wayfarers from the 80's back home which he didn't use anymore. My heart skipped a beat at the thought that he might hand them down to me in some Father-Daughter ceremony. In the end he did give them to me, minus the ceremony and since then I have been too scared to wear them. Until today. Tomorrow is officially the first day of spring and at least I know I'm prepared for rain or shine!

Spring is here! Some pictures I took from just outside my front door!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments from anyone who has read my post! Also, if you subscribe it would be greatly appreciated! Sonia xxx

© The Glitter Den. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig