Sunday 11 January 2015

Culotte Series Part 1 - Comfy Culottes

Hello internet friends!

Today I thought I'd go for something a little bit different. Lately I've been loving the pants off my black culottes and have a few outfits I've worn lately for different occasions so I thought I'd do a little series showing how I personally style them! 

Now culottes are probably one of those 'you either love them or you hate them' items. I think people could potentially find them quite unflattering but boy are they comfy. Mine are from Closet via ASOS and they're cheap as chips in the sale now for £17, here

The first outfit in this little series was something I wore for a day out in London last week. Let me introduce y'all...




This fluffy turtleneck of dreams is an ASOS number and is the perfect companion to culottes in this ghastly cold weather. Although I would normally go for something more fitted to balance out the bagginess of the culottes, I couldn't resist this little combo. They couldn't resist each other either. 

They were flirting up a storm so I had to give the jumper a little tug...


Once I revealed her undergarments, it became apparent as to why she was being such a little minx. Her leopard print choker. 


So bloody naughty. 

If you're anything like me, you'll be freezing your little hiney off every time you step outside. This Monki coat is the answer to my prayers. It's oversized, a long length and a little bit fluffy. It also adds to the masculine vibe of this ensemble. 


This little ASOS rucksack is my new bit on the side that follows me everywhere. He's the perfect size - he doesn't get too heavy, yet holds all my essentials. 

Watch him do his thang...


Such a cutie. 

Even when it all gets too much, when he's carrying one too many lipsticks for my weary shoulders to handle, he's always by my side. 


He has attachment issues and can't be left alone for too long. Just thought I'd give you a heads up in case you ever decide to make one of his brothers yours. 


Anyway, enough of the self-absorbed little prince, on to the finishing touch of my comfy culottes outfit. The shoes. I polished off this look with a pair of DM's and ASOS socks. Remember these guys from this post? My camel coat also made an appearance. 


I hope you enjoyed this type of post and if you did, leave me a merry little comment! 

My next culotte post will be an outfit I wore to work a couple of weeks a go - it's the type of thing that will take you from office to Friday night drinks. 

Toodlepip!

xxx

Image Map
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love these pants on you, I don't think I could pull them off as well since I'm on the shorter side. Also love how you added gifs to this post, so creative :)

    www.recalcitrantgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the culottes and cute little rucksack! I hope your well, you have such great style and I love the GIFs!

    Congrats on graduating in 2014! Hows the interning and freelancing going? I had to do it for aaaages after I graduated! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much love! So do you!

      Thanks, it's OK, pretty tough from time to time but what can you expect? Just hoping a glorious job pops up for me soon enough haha! Hope everything is going well for you, what do you do?

      xxx

      Delete
  3. You look amazing here!! I love the culottes! Xx

    www.iwearmyownstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read any comments from anyone who has read my post! Also, if you subscribe it would be greatly appreciated! Sonia xxx

© The Glitter Den. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig